Aleron Group Associate General Counsel Earl Cantwell, III earned the esteemed honor of making Buffalo Business First’s 2022 40 Under 40 list. A key member of the Aleron legal team, Earl started as Associate Counsel in 2020 and was elevated to Associate General Counsel in 2022.
A trusted business partner
At Aleron, Earl plays a crucial role in supporting business teams by providing global workforce solutions services. While his specialty is support for labor and employment law issues, he serves as a trusted business partner for company stakeholders on a variety of legal issues. He’s also a member of the company’s Security Incident Response Team and recently received certification as a Certified Information Privacy Professional.
Earl sees both sides of an issue and strives for win-win solutions. He is compassionate and able to understand another’s life experiences, even if he hasn’t been in their shoes. He has earned the respect of his coworkers and clients for his responsiveness and expertise in resolving complex legal situations.
Earl graduated in the top five percent of his law school class (summa cum laude) and was inducted into the Order of the Coif, a national honor society for law school graduates. Earl recognizes that he was fortunate to have family support and resources when he was ready to return to college and embark on his legal career and believes he has a duty to use his professional skills for the benefit of the entire Buffalo community.
A passion for the community
A dedicated and enthusiastic business professional, Earl is passionate about Buffalo and its communities and uses any platform he can to help others. In 2004, Earl, bullish on the future of the City, bought a vacant home on the West Side and, over the next decade, renovated it. Earl truly loves Buffalo and was dedicated to investing in it “before it was cool.” While on the West Side, Earl led advocacy efforts for the Bird-Herkimer Block Club. Now living in Parkside, he is on the Board of Directors of Parkside Community Association.
Earl exemplifies the value of service – both to his community and his profession and is actively involved in supporting the following organizations in the community:
- Parkside Community Association Board of Directors: community advocate involved in resolving unsafe conditions on CSX railroad-owned property, developed a guide, conducts training, and assists homeowners in applying for Historic Homeownership Tax Credit, hosting and logistics for Movies in the Meadow at Parkside Lodge, and helped re-launch and primary author of PCA Newsletter.
- UB Law Alumni Association GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) Board of Directors: a member of the education and membership committees, he works with law school, alumni, and sponsors to offer services and programming to provide education and resources and to foster a more robust local law alumni community.
- Erie County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project: volunteer attorney providing pro bono representation to unemployment claimants at hearing and appeal.
- Erie County Bar Association member
- New York State Bar Association
- Niagara Frontier Corporate Counsel Association
The entire 40 Under 40 list can be viewed online here.
To learn more about Earl, connect with him on LinkedIn.