Current Job Openings
Aleron has an exciting opportunity for a Risk Manager at our Williamsville, NY office. As a Risk Manager, you will be a key part of the leadership team, providing guidance in insurance and risk management reporting to our General Counsel.
What Aleron has to offer:
- Great benefits package that includes health insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, and 401K
- PTO and 7 paid holidays
- Flexible work options available
- Pay Range: $85,000.00-$115,000.00
We are looking for an experienced middle market Risk Manager to oversee all activities related to Aleron's Risk Management Department, including actively overseeing all employee workers' compensation claims with the Third-Party Administrator, facilitating the renewal of the commercial insurance program and designing and implementing safety programs to help mitigate claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the Company's risk management objectives including but not limited to worker's compensation programs and claims management.
- Coordinate with the Broker on annual renewals of the company's insurance portfolio and coordinate the application submissions and collection of information pertaining thereto.
- Develop and implement strategies to minimize the frequency and severity of workers' compensation claims.
- Work with legal, contracts and operations to refine established risk tolerances, perform risk assessments of possible contractor placements at prospective customers.
- Review prospective customer bids and contractual agreements to assure existing insurance coverages, terms, and limits of coverage meet customer requirements as well as limit company's contractual liability.
- Review and refine the company's Certificate of Insurance program to ensure compliance with contract terms and additional insured coverages.
- Makes purchasing recommendations and advise on current policy coverage terms and limits for commercial insurance portfolio. Recommend and evaluate potential risk transfer options.
- Partner with internal key stakeholders such as HR, Contracts/Legal, Business Development, and Accounting regarding liability, risk issues, insurance cost allocations and contract administration.
- Works with IT and other departments to maintain the Company's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Manage the various vendor relationships (Insurance Brokerage, Third Party Claims Administrators, Safety Training, and Auditors) for the lines of coverage above, ensuring they provide best-in-class service while meeting specified servicing deliverables.
- Provide Accounting department with a reasonable estimate of potential financial liabilities on outstanding workers' compensation claims on an regular (quarterly and annual) basis.
- Acts as a mentor and provides leadership and guidance to staff and train staff as needed.
- Comply and adhere to the Companies' policies and procedures.
- Serve as a member of the Company's Risk Management Committee and Cyber Security Incident Response Teams.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- 5 years or more experience working either in a corporate risk management environment with global risks or at an insurance broker/consultant working on large, complex, global accounts, with 3+ years supervisory or lead experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience
- Ability to shift priorities to accommodate operational objectives.
- Background in environmental health and safety standards (OSHA, NIOSH, CAL OSHA…)
- Must have in-depth understanding of workers' compensation claims management, various property and casualty insurance coverages, cyber insurance, and applicable laws and regulations (in multi-jurisdictional environments).
- Strong attention to detail; has exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others to achieve results.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, direct and control projects
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Prior Staffing Industry Experience is a plus
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.